Monday, August 8, 2011

Wisconsin (part 3)

With the amount of pictures I have from our Wisconsin trip, I could have done 10 posts. However, I think 3 will do just fine (I don't want to overload everyone). So, here it is, my last post on our Wisconsin trip. I hope you enjoy.

Isn't my sister and Miss P's auntie the coolest? Ok, swim caps can be a little goofy, but seriously my sister kicks some serious butt!  Even while on vacation in Wisconsin this gal continued to train her tushie off for the S.O.S triathlon. The Survival of the Shawangunks (SOS) is a crazy wilderness adventure race that includes cycling, trail running and swimming through three open water lakes! The race is on September 11th so if you get a chance, wish her luck! We wish we could be there to cheer her on. 


I think one of the things Miss P misses most about Wisconsin (next to her grandparents of course) are the chickens. She really enjoyed feeding and chasing them around. Her favorites were Penny (who happens to be the Rooster's main squeeze) and this mini chicken named Dorf. When we move to our house we may just have to get ourselves an urban chicken.




Another thing Miss P misses about Wisconsin are the flowers and vegetables (especially the peas) from her grandmother's fabulous garden. While we were there she learned a few choice lyrics from an Alice in Wonderland song.... "all the flowers..."

The rest of the song goes on to say "...would have very extra special powers/they would sit and talk to me for hours/when I'm lonely in a world of my own." We are working on the rest of the line.

Miss P has Wisconsin to thank for improving her bubble skills. She learned that you don't always need to blow to make bubbles and figured out how to wave and spin the wand. However, I think her favorite part is still the dipping part.

In Wisconsin, Miss P could get as dirty as she wanted whenever she wanted! Trust me, she gets pretty dirty at home too...but in Wisconsin a quick dip in the lake and voila, clean again. We have Cole Kasten to thank for showing her that chalk doesn't have to just go on a chalkboard or the concrete.


I like to call this next series of photos, Frog Poking.  Miss P does not particularly like to touch frogs, with her hands. However, her Grandpa Chicken showed her how to make the frogs jump by "tickling them with a stick". SHE LOVED IT!

No frogs were harmed in the making of these photos.



I still can't believe how much Miss P changed in just two weeks in Wisconsin. It is kind of bittersweet to see your baby grow so quickly and it really hit home for me just how precious these years are.






I thank every star in the sky for this sweet, yet determined little girl...she is AH-MA-ZING.  I just love her so much!

2 comments:

  1. whoa! these photos are absolutely incredible kimiko! When can i hire you? seriously. Although it doesn't hurt that your main model is GORGEOUS!!! I LOVE the one where she is posing by the chalkboard. priceless..and the frog series. and the sepia-loking ones. and....
    You & Dave are blessed indeed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! WI lake house looks like a blast! Next time you guys need to head to the NE and get the Ohares to go in on a lake house out here :) miss P is P : precious!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...