
Persephone's 1st birthday was a big success! I got a little carried away with the planning, hence my absence from the blog, but it was well worth it. The theme was a vintage hat party set in the beautiful El Dorado Park. We set up a photo booth, a candy bar, a bubble bucket, croquet and bocce ball. We also made a little Pimm's Cup for the adults (yummy!) and had lots of tasty treats, including strawberries, yellow plums, russian cookies (for anyone in the area go to Jons), and sandwiches (thank you Costco). Most of the decorations were D.I.Y (to be shared in future posts) or vintage (picked up over the years or borrowed from friends). My photos consist of just a few detail shots taken before the festivities began and the photo booth fun. Luckily, a friend of ours was kind enough to photograph the rest of the day and I can't wait to see his pictures and share them with you.
The photo booth was a really fun touch and pretty simple to do. We set up our camera on a tri-pod with a wireless remote shutter, provided some props and set up a simple backdrop.
I love that we will have all these silly pictures of the special people in our lives to share with Persephone.
Special thanks to: my friend Daniel for agreeing to photograph the day, my friend Peggy the arts and crafts master and supplier of most of the lovely vintage pieces in these pictures, my mom without whose help this would not have come together, my beautiful daughter for giving me the opportunity to plan such a joyful event and filling my heart with so much love it hurts, and last but not least my husband whose sense of humor, support and devotion I appreciate beyond words.














I think you are a super Mom.
ReplyDeleteSUCH a cute, creative, lovely theme, decor, everything!!! What a beautiful way to celebrate! Happy birthday Sweet P!
ReplyDeleteThanks Anjali that is sweet. I don't know about super Mom, but I am pretty proud of my little munchkin and wanted to throw a big celebration.
ReplyDeleteThanks Marisa for the kind words and birthday wish for Miss P.
ReplyDeleteShe is a Super Mom! I agree!!
ReplyDelete